What an amazing journey it’s been so far, I’m in awe of the things I’ve seen, the people I’ve met and the growth I’ve witnessed in my own life over the past 2.5 months. There is almost nothing that I regret about the first half of the trail except my attitude towards Virginia. The only other thing I would change is how much I blogged. I realize that I was not very good at it and I’m gonna work on that!
In the next few weeks, I will see 4 states as I move from WV to Maryland to Pennsylvania. I’ll be updating much more frequently and here are some things I recently did and a few things I will be looking forward to:
1. I hit the 1000 mile mark
2. I finished VA.
3. I finished WV.
4. I saw Washington DC for the first time ever, in the pouring rain, and with some amazing company.
5. I will finish MD either tomorrow or the next day.
6. I get to see my mom in a few weeks when I am somewhere in Northern PA. She is meeting me for a few days and I am so excited.
7. I’ll finish PA and NJ
8. I’ll come off trail for about 12 days to attend 2 separate weddings and see a bunch of family and friends in Atlanta and Virginia.
9. After the weddings will be roughly a month and a few weeks of no support. It will be a long test for me but at the end of it I’ll be in ME and I will get to finish this amazing journey the same way I started it, with my dad!
10. I like round numbers so this is just here to remind everyone of how incredible your support is and I can’t wait to share the top half of this trail with you.
Until next time!
A quick update, this is a sign I saw about 3 days after posting this picture. The crown has been past to these three signs.
For some hilarious reason the AT signs in this part of Virginia have become more and more secure. This one is absolutely the most secure. You mind as well pull the whole post out of the ground.
It has a total of 22 nails holding it to the wood. If that isn’t overkill I don’t know what is.
This is going to be stereotypical but I would bet any amount of money that this sign was put up by the same kind of guy that when he has finished wrapping a Christmas Christmas present decides that it isn’t secure enough so he adds another piece of tape, and another, and another, till he realizes that he has used the whole role of tape on accident.